The Brewtown Showdown for 2018 will be held Saturday and Sunday, June 23 & 24.
The Brewtown Showdown, a.k.a is also known as the Milwaukee Lacrosse Festival is entering its ninteenth year. This is a wonderful tournament atmosphere with lacrosse players, outfitters, concessions, competitive games, fun times and awards for the victors. The event coincides with the Cedarburg Strawberry Festival and the to the north and the Kite Festival at Milwaukee's lakefront.
We hope to see you in Milwaukee in June!
latest lacrosse info
What's the story of the Brewtown Showdown?
2018 marks the 19th Annual Milwaukee Lacrosse Festival - Brewtown Showdown
The Brewtown Showdown was started in 1999 as men's tournament in order to bring teams from nearby regions together to play against the newly established Milwaukee Lacrosse Team. There were six teams involved in the first year with teams coming from Chicago, Michigan and even Toronto. We held the first youth game with what later became players that established the Verona and University School teams.
Over the years we have added a youth component in conjunction with the Milwaukee Area Youth Lacrosse Association and most recently the girl's high school portion. It is truely a festival atmoshpere.
Play hard, have fun and honor the game!
Games will start Saturday morning at 8:00 AM and run all day until 6:00 PM. Games will continue Sunday morning and teams will play for a championship.
- Games will consist of two 22 minute running halves
- Five minutes at half time
- One 60 second timeout per game
- Penalties start on the restart whistle when the player is in the box
- Each team will play a minimum of four games
- Award will be given to top team
Teams for Men's Division
Pawnee Lacrosse - Indiana
Beer Lacrosse - Chicago
Goon Squad - Chicago
Titan's - Chicago
Hot4Lax - Milwaukee
Unicorns - Madison
Games will be played at Uihlein Soccer Complex starting at 9:00 AM. Fields available for warm up at 8:00 am.
- Games will be played on the Pat Jones Turf Field(E3) and the grass field (E4), just East of the turf field.
- There will be no charge for the parking at the event.
- Tents can be set up on the side of the field off the turf or near the tree/picnic are.
- Concessions will be available on site.
- Post game celebration will be at Silver Spring House on Green Bay Road in Glendale.
9:00 AM - Titan vs. Goon Squad
9:00 AM - Pawnee Lacrosse vs. Unicorns
10:05 AM - Beer Lacrosse -6 vs. Pawnee Lacrosse - 6
10:05 AM - Goon Squad - 5 vs. Hot4ax - 6
11:10 PM - Hot4Lax vs. Titans
11:10 PM - Beer Lacrosse vs. Unicorns -
Bracket Play in afternoon. See schedule for details.
2018 Divisional fees & Teams
The men's lacrosse will be divided as follows:
- Men's - High School Senior, College club, post-college club
The team deposit will be $350. This is non-refundable unless the division is cancelled.
Balance is due by May 21st.
*Entry fee on May 21st will increase by $100 for unpaid balance.*
- High School division - $1,000
- Men's division - $1,000
2236 W. Bluemound Road, Suite G
Waukesha, WI 53186
- Beer Lacrosse
- Goon Squad
- Pawnee Lacrosse