The Brewtown Showdown for 2018 will be held Saturday and Sunday, June 23 & 24.
The Brewtown Showdown, a.k.a is also known as the Milwaukee Lacrosse Festival is entering is eighteenth year. This is a wonderful tournament atmosphere with lacrosse players, outfitters, concessions, competitive games, fun times and awards for the victors. The event coincides with the Cedarburg Strawberry Festival and the to the north and the Kite Festival at Milwaukee's lakefront.
We hope to see you in Milwaukee in June!
latest lacrosse info
What's the story of the Brewtown Showdown?
2018 marks the 19th Annual Milwaukee Lacrosse Festival - Brewtown Showdown
The Brewtown Showdown was started in 1999 as men's tournament in order to bring teams from nearby regions together to play against the newly established Milwaukee Lacrosse Team. There were six teams involved in the first year with teams coming from Chicago, Michigan and even Toronto. We held the first youth game with what later became players that established the Verona and University School teams.
Over the years we have added a youth component in conjunction with the Milwaukee Area Youth Lacrosse Association and most recently the girl's high school portion. It is truely a festival atmoshpere.
Play hard, have fun and honor the game!
Games will start Saturday morning at 8:00 AM and run all day until 6:00 PM. Games will continue Sunday morning and teams will play for a championship.
- Games will consist of two 22 minute running halves
- Five minutes at half time
- One 60 second timeout per game
- Penalties start on the restart whistle when the player is in the box
- Each team will play a minimum of four games – two/three Saturday and one/two on Sunday
- Trophies will be awarded to top youth, high school and adult division teams.
2018 Divisional fees & age brackets.
Team divisions have changed from past years to adapt to the US Lacrosse bracketing. In past years we have had teams based on grade level ( i.e 5/6, 7/8, high school, post high school). We will continue to offer those grade levels, but we will also have age based teams.
The age based teams for men's lacrosse will be divided as follows:
- 10U born after 8/31/2005 (usually 3/4 grade)
- 12U born after 8/31/2003 (usually 5/6 grade)
- 14U born after 8/31/2001( usually 7/8 grade)
- High School - Graduated seniors are allowed to play at this level and should play
- Men's - High School Senior, College club, post-college club
- Men's Masters - Teams with players over 35 years old
- Women's Open - high school, post high school and club level
The team deposit will be $350. This is non-refundable unless the division is cancelled.
Balance is due by May 21st.
*Entry fee on May 21st will increase by $100.*
- 10U, 12U, 14U - $1,000
- High School division - $1,000
- Men's division - $1,000
2236 W. Bluemound Road, Suite G
Waukesha, WI 53186
2017 Brewtown Showdown Champions
I want to thank all the teams that participated in this years Brewtown Showdown. It was beautiful day for lacrosse and a fun experienec for most if not all of our playesr and fans. Congratulations goes out to our men's and high school champions.
Adult Division: Legends Lacrosse was undefeated through pool and play and faced Beer Lacrosse in the finals. They proved that youth and speed can overcome maturity and treachery. Congratulations to Legends Lacrosse for earning the Championship Honors.
High School: Surf's Up from Chicago area met Sauk from the Madison area in the Championships. It was a hard fought battle with the game ending in a tie during regulation play. An overtime period was played with Sauk scoring in a sudden victory win.
Congratulations to Sauk on a well played tournament.
Hope to see all teams return again next year for the nineteenth annual games.