The Gobbler - 10th Annual Thanksgiving Indoor Lacrosse Tournament
November 26, 2016 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Brookfield Indoor Soccer Complex
19485 West Lisbon Road
Brookfield, WI 53045
The Gobbler is an indoor lacrosse tournament with mulitple divisions, including youth, high school and adult levels of play. There will be an open division for women's lacrosse. This one-day event will be held at the Brookfield Indoor Soccer Complex on Saturday, November 26th. It will feature teams from Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and Minnesota.
latest lacrosse info
The 2015 Gobbler has come to a close. I want to thank the teams and players participating in this event. We want to recognize that have traveled from Green Bay, Mequon, Madison, Lake Country, Kenosha, Chicago, Wauwatosa, Milwaukee and Cincinnati. It was great to see friends and players who have participated at different levels each year.
Congratulations to Deez Buck for winning the high school division.
The mens division ended in ta 3-3 tie, followed by a four minute over time. Neither team prevailed, so we moved it to a five goal shootout. The Oulaws and the Muffin Stuffers battled it out to 5-5 tie and spilt the cup.
Until next year, have a happy holiday.
All participants must turn in a signed waiver. These are to be collected by the coaches and turned in to registration table 35 minutes prior to the start of the first game. No individual waivers will be accepted.Gobbler Waiver and Medical Release
The Gobbler 2015
Thanksgiving Indoor Lacrosse Tournament
- · Each game will be 25 minutes running time. The last minute will be stop time.
- · Penalties will be one minute in duration
- · No back court violation
- · No shot clock
- · Rules follow outdoor lacrosse and hockey.
- · No cross checking or take out checks….NO BOARDING,
- · No offensive player is allowed in the crease. No contact with the goalie. Player may follow through on a shot through the crease. Diving is allowed as long as there is no contact with the goalie.
- · Coaches will report scores at the end of the game to the tournament table.
High School and Men’s Division
- · Games begin with a face off. There will be a face off after each goal. All players can go anywhere on the field.
- · Games will be comprised of one period of twenty-five minutes running time.
- · Each team is allowed one timeout per game – one minutes in duration.
- · Shot Clock: The offensive team is allowed 30 seconds, once they gain possession, to make a shot on goal (or through the crease). Referee will signal that the shot clock has reset by raising his arm.
- · Crease play: Goalie and defensemen are allowed to be in the crease area in their defensive zone. The goalie has four seconds to progress the ball from the crease. Offensive players are not allowed to run through the crease. They can follow through the crease on a shot as long as they do not make contact with the goalie at any time.
- · Penalties will be in one minute increments. A penalty must be served for its duration by the penalized player. If a penalty is released by a goal, the substitute player may enter the game as the penalty is terminated, not the penalized player.
- · Back court Violation: Once the ball has progressed to the offensive side of the field, the offensive team may not pass or carry the ball to the defensive end. If the ball goes to the defensive end off a shot, it is not a back court violation. If the ball goes to the back court and is in possession, the whistle blows immediately and changes possession. If it is loose (“Lucy”) then a play on occurs. Ball starts at the point where the ball was at the whistle or laterally from the goal.
- · Box lacrosse rules will be inforced.
- · Judgement of the officials is final.
Team Early Bird - $465 if registered by 11/1/2015
Team registration - $495 after 11/1/2015
Individual/Free Agent registration - $45.
On-site registration may be allowed for individuals if space is available.
Team registration must be received by November 16th. See form below.