Hot4Lax is an organization that promotes the growth of the game of lacrosse at all levels through leagues, camps, clinic's and private lessons in the summer, fall, winter and spring. Our goal is to serve as the "skill development" program for individual player's and team's in the pre-season, in-season and post-season. We do this through leagues, clinics, private lessons and group training. Our role is to share our passion for the game and compliment regular season team's in southeastern Wisconsin.
latest lacrosse info
Indoor Lacrosse at BISC - Sunday November 6th through February 26th
Indoor lacrosse for youth and high school players will start on Sunday, November 6th. There will be two session again this season. The Fall session runs for six weeks from November 6 to December 18. No lacrosse on Sunday, November 27th. The Winter Session will start Sunday, January 8 and run for eight week to February 26.
Players can register for either session or both and have a discount.
- Session 1 11/6 - 12/18 - $150
- Session 2 1/8-2/26 - $195
- Sesssion 1 & 2 - $340
Employment Opportunities - Help Wanted
Hot4Lax Lacrosse is taking emploment application for the following positions:
- Team Sales - contacting youth, high school and college teams to provide with equipment, uniforms and apparel
- Equipment Tech - Size and fit customers with rental gear; inventory and maintain equipment
- Sales Associates - Fit players with equipment, educate the players and parents about the differnt features of all our lacrosse products.
- Stick Stringers - string sticks to order - traditional and mesh, men's and women's.
- Marketing Director - Spearhead all marketing and advertising activities including online, print , banner and website, program sponsorship and so forth.
- Communications Director - Hnadles the dissemination of information about camps, clinics, leagues and travel teams to parents, players and media.
Fall Store Hours - 10/17
Hot4Lax Lacrosse will be open afternoons Tuesday to Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings.
Please check the website for hour updates. Call us if you are in the area and it is outside of our typical hours. We often are working on site and may be available.
We will typically be open starting at 1:00 PM during the week - Tuesday through Friday.
- Monday: Closed - by appointment
- Tuesday: 1:00 - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday:1:00 - 3:30 PM
- Thursday:1:00 - 3:30 PM
- Friday: 1:00 - 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed - at Carroll University for fall ball
Hot4Lax Training Academy -
One hour training with certified coaches including positional coaches.
- Robin Buckley - Wauwatosa Head Coach,
- Brian Ward - Goalie at VMI, Oconomowoc Head Coach
- Matt Mikulecky - Wauwatosa High School Coach
- shooting on the run
- Room & Time
- Inside finishing
- Approching the ball carrier
- funneling and directing
- take away checks
- Closing the gate
- one-handed work
- stationary - strong hand, off hand, box fakes
- on the move
- Technique and execution: Face, Split, roll dodges
- When, where and how
Work within your schedule:
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday or Saturday
Private lessons - $60/hr, $35/half-hour
Group sesions are $35
After School Lacrosse for Youth players - Fall 2016
After School lacrosse start September 14th
Boys' and Girls' After School youth lacrosse programs will started Monday, September 14th and runs to Thursday October 27nd, one day per week. The program is six weeks long and will rotate locations daily during the week.
- Wednesday - Lake Country area - Little Red School House, Hartland - 4:15 - 5:45 PM
- Thursday - Brookfield - Pilgrim Park Middle School, 4:15 - 5:45 PM - no lacrosse on 9/29 due to track meet
- Sunday - Wauwatosa - 11:00 -1:00 PM
Additional lacrosse will be available this Fall indoors at Brookfield Indoor Soccer Complex/Midwest Orthopedic Sports Complex starting Sunday, November 8th. Fall Lacrosse Info
Gobbler Indoor Lacrosse Tournament
The Gobbler Indoor Lacrosse tournament will be held on Saturday, November 28th at Brookfield Indoor Soccer Complex from 1:30-7:00 PM. Teams can enter at the middle school level, high school or men's divisions.
- Teams will play games in a 6 v.6 indoor lacrosse format.
Five players and a goalie.
Goals are 4' x 4'6"
- Registration is $465 for teams or $40 per individual.
Game schedule is available under the Gobbler tab.
Gobbler Tournament Details
Rental Equipment through Hot4Lax
The perogative for many parents new to lacrosse is whether to rent or to buy. The Hot4lax rental program allows parents to enroll their children in a program and try the game to see if they like it at a fraction of the cost.
Lacrosse equipment can be rented by players for clinics, camps, league play and by the season. Hot4Lax has a broad array of sizes and styles of lacrosse equipment for boy's and girl's including gloves, arm pads, rib pads, shoulder pads, helmets for boy's and goggles and sticks for girl's..
When equipment is rented, each borrower will be required to provide payment for the rental of the equipment and a security deposit in leau of the equipment not being returned on the due date. The rental equipment will be due at the end of each season rented(fall, winter, spring or summer) unless arrangements have been made to rollover the equipment to the next season. Equipment can be rented for consecutive seasons. A new rental payment is due at the time of renewal.
There are no refunds of rented equipment.
Sticks are available for $20. However, we do have a vast supply of starter sticks to more experienced players.
2016-7 Return Dates
Fall - November
Winter - March 1st
Spring - June 12th
Summer - August 14th
Equipment not returned by the above dates will have the security deposit applied to the equipment.
Equipment returned after that date will be assessed a $25 restocking fee with a rollover rental fee. A rollover fee is rental for the next peiod.
Rental equipment can be purchased
Rental gear for the all Programs will be available at our store in Waukesha during regular business hours weekdays and weekends. Check store hours for availabillity.
Thank you for your patronage.
When do I replace my stick?
Attention all Lacrosse players and parents!
There have been some rule chnges that will be effecting players of all levels this year. Regarding the boys youth and high school game, the biggest rules change equipment wise has been the elimination of the U or V shooting string.
NFHS and US Lacrosse rules effective in spring 2016 require that no stick have any shooting strings below 4" from the top of the head.
This means if your stick has been strung with the shooting strings below 4", they need to be removed and replaced at the appropriate level. Hot4Lax will be glad to assist you.
Bring in the sticks and our stringers will help replace them. If the mesh has been well used, we can restring it for you as well.
When do I replace a head?
We are often asked this question. This really depends on what kind of head you have and what level of player someone is.
If the head has become very soft, pliable and well used, the plastic may have broken down. A lacrosse stick is similar to a tennis racquet. Sometimes the racquet needs to be restrung. When a players size, position and abilities change, you may need to update and change your racquet.
When to change your stick head or shaft?
- When your ability changes - moving from beginner to intermediate
- When your position changes or becomes more specialized - move to attack or defense
- When the stick is cracked, cambered - it is illegal to play with a cracked or broken stick
- When the head is warped from face offs and a ball will not come out of the pocket - tilt the stick 90 degrees
- When the stick handle/shaft is bent, cambered, kinked or dented.
- When a player moves up an age group and needs a stick that needs to be 40-42" long.
- When the head is like rubber and can be bent backwards with one hand, it becomes a dog toy launcher.