Hot4Lax is an organization that promotes the growth of the game of lacrosse at all levels through leagues, camps, clinic's and private lessons in the summer, fall, winter and spring. Our goal is to serve as the "skill development" program for individual player's and team's in the pre-season, in-season and post-season. We do this through leagues, clinics, private lessons and group training. Our role is to share our passion for the game and compliment regular season team's in southeastern Wisconsin.
latest lacrosse info
April Hours - 5/4
April Store Hours -
Cell : 414-333-3049
Deals of the Week: April 19-25
- Colors: Blue, Black, Grey
- Sizes: Small/10", Medium/12", Large/13"
When do I replace my stick?
Attention all Lacrosse players and parents!
There have been some rule chnges that will be effecting players of all levels this year. Regarding the boys youth and high school game, the biggest rules change equipment wise has been the elimination of the U or V shooting string.
NFHS and US Lacrosse rules effective in spring 2016 require that no stick have any shooting strings below 4" from the top of the head.
This means if your stick has been strung with the shooting strings below 4", they need to be removed and replaced at the appropriate level. Hot4Lax will be glad to assist you.
Bring in the sticks and our stringers will help replace them. If the mesh has been well used, we can restring it for you as well.
When do I replace a head?
We are often asked this question. This really depends on what kind of head you have and what level of player someone is.
If the head has become very soft, pliable and well used, the plastic may have broken down. A lacrosse stick is similar to a tennis racquet. Sometimes the racquet needs to be restrung. When a players size, position and abilities change, you may need to update and change your racquet.
When to change your stick head or shaft?
- When your ability changes - moving from beginner to intermediate
- When your position changes or becomes more specialized - move to attack or defense
- When the stick is cracked, cambered - it is illegal to play with a cracked or broken stick
- When the head is warped from face offs and a ball will not come out of the pocket - tilt the stick 90 degrees
- When the stick handle/shaft is bent, cambered, kinked or dented.
- When a player moves up an age group and needs a stick that needs to be 40-42" long.
- When the head is like rubber and can be bent backwards with one hand, it becomes a dog toy launcher.
Gift Cards Available!
Gift Cards are available for purchase in the denomination of your choice starting at $25. Gift Cards may be redeemed for equipment, apparel, lacrosse items, lessons, clinics or league play. Cards may be purchased at our store, online or by phone and mailed via phone.
Call us for details: (414)333-3049
Great Gift's for All Events!
Hot4Lax Training Academy
Lessons available - Plan now!
One hour training with certified coaches including positional coaches. Learn the essentials, drill on the fundamentals, build your confidence and enjoy the game. individuall lessons or combine with others an form a group session.
- Robin Buckley - Hot4Lax Program Director
- Tuesday & Wednesday: 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Thursday & Friday: 1:00 pm - 6:00 PM
- Saturday 9:00-12:00
- By appointment - Call to reserve a time.
- Shooting on the run
- Room & Time
- Inside finishing
- Approching the ball carrier
- Funneling and directing
- Take away checks
- Closing the gate
- one-handed work
- stationary - strong hand, off hand, box fakes
- on the move
- Technique and execution: Face, Split, roll dodges
- When, where and how
- Weekday afternoons throughout the Summer, Fall and Winter
- Weekends in the morning
- Boys - Helmet, Gloves and Stick
- Girls - Stick and Goggles
One-on-one sessions - $65/hr, $35/half-hour
Group sessions: $25-35 per player/hour depending on the number in group
Multi-lesson packages available
- Single - $65
- 5-pack - $300
- 10-pack - $550
Interested in renting the field for individual practice or a group play?
The Training area can be reserved in 30 minute segements when there are not programs going on. The turfed training area can be divided into three seperate bays for shooting and wall ball. Barrier wall nets will be set up to seperate sections.
Materials available for use:
- Goals and target
- Barrier net
- Speed gun
- ladders/ hurdles
- $35 for 30 minutes
- $60 per hour
- $15 for 30 minutes
- $29 per hour
- $10 for 30 minutes
- $20 per hour