Hot4Lax is an organization that promotes the growth of the game of lacrosse at all levels through leagues, camps, clinic's and private lessons in the summer, fall, winter and spring. Our goal is to serve as the "skill development" program for individual player's and team's in the pre-season, in-season and post-season. We do this through leagues, clinics, private lessons and group training. Our role is to share our passion for the game and compliment regular season team's in southeastern Wisconsin.
latest lacrosse info
March Hours - 3/4
March Store Hours -
- Hand Sanitizers at both entrances. Please use them.
- No more than fifteen(15) people in the shop at one time.
- Social distancing - 6 ft.
- Employees wear masks
- Customers to wear masks.
- Order online and pick up at our garage door of the store
- Order online and have it delivered. We personally deliver locally after hours.
- Shop virtually - facetime personal shopping
- Be fitted in personally - come into the store and be fitted with a knowledgable professional.
Cell : 414-333-3049
Sunday School Lacrosse - 2/24
Sunday Skills and Drills for youth and high school players.
Players will be divided by age and ability for small group training. This includes fundamentals for beginners to advanced players. Each session will be one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Session III - March 7 - April 11 (No clinic on 4/4) - 5 weeks
- 1:00 - 2:00 PM
- 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- 3:00 - 4:00 PM
Space is limited, so register soon!
See CLINICS for details. Clinic Information
Deals of the Week: March 1-8
- Maverik Max gloves - grey 13" - 20% off
- Tactic head strung w/STX Dry mesh - $99
- STX 4sight+ S goggles 10% off
- Youth STX starter sets - 15% off
- Gait Gunner shoulder pads - $29.99 - XXS and XS
When do I replace my stick?
Attention all Lacrosse players and parents!
There have been some rule chnges that will be effecting players of all levels this year. Regarding the boys youth and high school game, the biggest rules change equipment wise has been the elimination of the U or V shooting string.
NFHS and US Lacrosse rules effective in spring 2016 require that no stick have any shooting strings below 4" from the top of the head.
This means if your stick has been strung with the shooting strings below 4", they need to be removed and replaced at the appropriate level. Hot4Lax will be glad to assist you.
Bring in the sticks and our stringers will help replace them. If the mesh has been well used, we can restring it for you as well.
When do I replace a head?
We are often asked this question. This really depends on what kind of head you have and what level of player someone is.
If the head has become very soft, pliable and well used, the plastic may have broken down. A lacrosse stick is similar to a tennis racquet. Sometimes the racquet needs to be restrung. When a players size, position and abilities change, you may need to update and change your racquet.
When to change your stick head or shaft?
- When your ability changes - moving from beginner to intermediate
- When your position changes or becomes more specialized - move to attack or defense
- When the stick is cracked, cambered - it is illegal to play with a cracked or broken stick
- When the head is warped from face offs and a ball will not come out of the pocket - tilt the stick 90 degrees
- When the stick handle/shaft is bent, cambered, kinked or dented.
- When a player moves up an age group and needs a stick that needs to be 40-42" long.
- When the head is like rubber and can be bent backwards with one hand, it becomes a dog toy launcher.
Rental Equipment - Winter/Spring
Get Fitted Now while supplies are a plenty!
Lacrosse equipment can be rented by players for clinics, camps, league play and by the season. Hot4Lax has a broad array of sizes and styles of lacrosse equipment for boy's and girl's including gloves, arm pads, rib pads, shoulder pads, helmets for boy's and goggles and sticks for girl's.Some sticks are available.
When equipment is rented, each borrower will be required to provide payment for the rental of the equipment and a security deposit in leau of the equipment not being returned on the due date. The rental equipment will be due at the end of each season rented(fall, winter, spring or summer) unless arrangements have been made to rollover the equipment to the next season. Equipment can be rented for consecutive seasons. A new rental payment is due at the time of renewal. Renters who do not return equipment by the due date or make arrangments, will forfiet their security deposit, but then they own the gear.
Since many programs are starting indoor lacrosse earlier in January and February, we are offering an "extended rental" peiod for January to June. The rate for this period will be less than the two rental period cost and a bit more than 1 1 /2 times the rental of one season.
Summer Camp rates are reduced as they are typically for week. Call for pricing and availability.
There are no refunds of rented equipment. Packages available.
2021 Return Dates
Equipment can be rolled over to the next session for a rollover rental charge.
Equipment returned after that date will be assessed a $25 restocking fee with a rollover rental fee. A rollover fee is rental for the next peiod.
Equipment that is returned damaged,like holes or rips, will be assesed a repair cost or be kept for the security fee.
Rental equipment can be purchased
Rental gear for all Programs will be available at our store in Waukesha during regular business hours weekdays and weekends. Check store hours for availabillity.
Thank you for your patronage.
Gift Cards Available!
Gift Cards are available for purchase in the denomination of your choice starting at $25. Gift Cards may be redeemed for equipment, apparel, lacrosse items, lessons, clinics or league play. Cards may be purchased at our store, online or by phone and mailed via phone.
Call us for details: (414)333-3049
Great Gift's for All Events!
Hot4Lax Training Academy
Lessons available - Plan now!
One hour training with certified coaches including positional coaches. Learn the essentials, drill on the fundamentals, build your confidence and enjoy the game. individuall lessons or combine with others an form a group session.
- Robin Buckley - Hot4Lax Program Director
- Tuesday & Wednesday: 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Thursday & Friday: 1:00 pm - 6:00 PM
- Saturday 9:00-12:00
- By appointment - Call to reserve a time.
- Shooting on the run
- Room & Time
- Inside finishing
- Approching the ball carrier
- Funneling and directing
- Take away checks
- Closing the gate
- one-handed work
- stationary - strong hand, off hand, box fakes
- on the move
- Technique and execution: Face, Split, roll dodges
- When, where and how
- Weekday afternoons throughout the Summer, Fall and Winter
- Weekends in the morning
- Boys - Helmet, Gloves and Stick
- Girls - Stick and Goggles
One-on-one sessions - $65/hr, $35/half-hour
Group sessions: $25-35 per player/hour depending on the number in group
Multi-lesson packages available
- Single - $65
- 5-pack - $300
- 10-pack - $550
Interested in renting the field for individual practice or a group play?
The Training area can be reserved in 30 minute segements when there are not programs going on. The turfed training area can be divided into three seperate bays for shooting and wall ball. Barrier wall nets will be set up to seperate sections.
Materials available for use:
- Goals and target
- Barrier net
- Speed gun
- ladders/ hurdles
- $35 for 30 minutes
- $60 per hour
- $15 for 30 minutes
- $29 per hour
- $10 for 30 minutes
- $20 per hour